Full Production and Shipment Capabilities Despite Global Covid-19 Outbreak
DELO has taken several actions to make sure that we remain a reliable partner for you even in times of a global pandemic.
The outbreak of the novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV 2) has not yet had any impact on our production. Our headquarters and all our subsidiaries are operational and able to ship goods.
The following restrictions currently apply:
Our subsidiary in Singapore is subject to government restrictions until further notice. All of our activities such as order processing or technical advice are not subject to any significant restriction and therefore operate normally.
Due to governmental restrictions and reduced global airfreight capacity, delivery delays may occur in certain regions, especially with short-term orders. We will do everything possible to get your orders to you as quickly and reliably as usual.
To ensure that we remain functional and able to deliver, our risk management and coronavirus task force continually review all relevant processes. In this context, numerous "business continuity" measures were taken. It includes:
General: corporate pandemic plan, comprising 4 risk levels and 100+ corresponding measures
Inventory: All purchase items and their stock levels are continuously checked in order to increase them even further if necessary.
Suppliers: We are in active communication with our suppliers in order to be always up to date and to be able to react quickly if necessary. We currently do not see any effects on our raw material supply.
Production: In order to protect our employees and at the same time to be able to process orders as well as continue producing and delivering our products, the currently applicable rules include:
- Increased hygiene measures, hygiene campaigns, an obligation to wear masks, and the instruction to all employees to keep a distance of at least 1.50 meters between themselves at work and during breaks, were implemented.
- It is possible to work in a home office.
- All business trips were suspended except for important exceptions.
- Visits have been extremely reduced and are now practically non-existent. For the few appointments that take place, increased safety precautions are applicable (visitor questionnaire, obligation to wear masks, distance rules, rapid tests).
- Meetings via digital communication tools are the standard.
- Introduction of a rapid test center where each employee can test themselves up to twice a week.
We will continue to monitor the situation very closely and take all necessary measures to protect our employees and at the same time be available to you as a reliable partner.